Langhe : trekking between wines and castles
8 days / 7 nights
Piedmont - Independent walking
Without guide - Luggage transfer
Last updated: 12/05/2023
~665 $ [605 €] per pers.
The journey takes place through the vineyards and the hazelnut trees plantations that have made the region famous all over the world. On the tops of the hills you’ll find villages and castles and you will walk through forests and deep valleys in the High Langa.
Your day by day program
Individual arrival in Alba, overnight stay in 4 star hotel
In the morning, a taxi will take you to the castle of Grinzane, here begins your journey on foot that will lead you through Gallo d'Alba and then in the middle of the vineyards of La Morra until you’ll reach Barolo with its castle.
13 km /ca. 3,5 hours
Today's route runs almost entirely among the finest vineyards of Nebbiolo grapes, which yields one of the most appreciated Italian wines; initially we reach Novello with its imposing castle, then we head up to Monforte, where we can relax in the main square of the village, always buzzing with tourists and local people.
9 km/ca. 2,5 hours
Today's route takes us to Serrallunga, Sinio, Roddino and then Cissone; addition to the usual rows of grapes, we meet the first hazelnut trees, typical of high Langhe and some wooded areas a little wilder. It's worth a stop in Serralunga, to visit the castle and enjoy a glass of wine.
16 km/ ca. 4,5 hours
Today you can take a short circular route around the hills of this pretty village, or enjoy a little
relaxation on the terrace of the agriturismo.
We are located in Alta Langa, famous for its hazelnuts, the landscape is characterized by extensive cultivation of hazelnut trees and the deep valley of the Belbo, which we cross, after making a stop at the beautiful church of Cerretto Langhe, to reach Cravanzana.
17 km/ ca. 5 hours
From Cravanzana start a nice stretch going down to Torre Bormida, where we cross the river of the same name, then begin a steep climb to Bergolo, one of the smallest and characteristic municipalities of Alta Langa, from here onwards we continue in the midst of the forests to Cortemilia, an ancient village dating back to the Roman Age.
12 km/ ca. 3,5 hours
End of the services after breakfast.
Every day from March to October
- At your arrival at the hotel in Alba.
- In the morning of the 8th day, after the breakfast.
- Accommodation in 3-4 stars hotels and two nights in Agriturismo Bed and Breakfast
- 2 people minimum
- Baggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- single room supplement : 260€
- High Season surcharge (september & october) : 30€
- Upgrade hotel with swimming pool in Barolo : 50€
- No luggage transport : -60€
- Extra night in Alba in double room (price per person) : 70€
- Extra night in Alba in single room : 110€
- · overnight sleep in 3-4 stars hotel and two nights in Agriturismo
- · breakfast buffet
- · daily luggage transfer
- · transfer from Alba to Grinzane on day 2
- · detailed road book of the tour
- · telephone service hotline
- · Trip from/to Alba (on request)
- · lunches & diners
- · tips
- · personal extras
- · everything not specified under the voice “the rate include”