Mare a Mare North: Moriani - Corte
6 days / 5 nights
Corsica - Independent walking
Without guide - Luggage transfer
Last updated: 19/10/2022
~1072 $ [990 €] per pers.
The Mare a Mare North is a classic hiking trail and one of our favourite walking tours in Corsica. Starting from the Costa Verde, this version of the Mare a Mare North will take you all the way up to Corte and to the lush green forests of the Castagniccia and the Boziu.
This trip has been especially designed for those who wish to make the most out of their walking holiday amidst Corsica’s magnificent landscapes without having to transport their bags to new hotels every day.
So embark on this wonderful walking adventure for a unique and memorable experience!
Your day by day program
Start your trip in Bastia, a transfer is porganized to reach Moriani, start of the trek (about 1 hours drive). Walk to the village of Moriani and leave its meadows and vineyards to reach the Castagniccia. In this particular region, you will get to discover the beautiful church of San Nicolao and the hamlet of I Penti.
Night in I Penti.
Height gain: 730m.
On this second day of the tour, you will explore villages, with unusual grey-green houses, and walk in the shade of a chestnut grove. During your hike, you will also see that beautiful churches populate the deserted Castagniccia, a region which was once the most inhabited part of the island.
Walking: 4 hours.
Height gain: 730m.
Today, you will walk to Pianellu in the shade of a centuries-old forest. The path is crowned with ruins of olden times, streams and bridges where hawkers used to wander and sell their goods.
Height gain: 840m.
After leaving the Castagniccia, you will enter the Boziu region and get exceptional panoramic views from the Incudine in the South and the Monte Cinto in the North. You will walk through many authentic Corsican villages which merge beautifully into the landscape.
Walking: 5 hours.
Height gain: 750m.
While walking on the paths of the Boziu region, you will come across countless frescoed chapels located in enchanting little villages. You will progressively walk into an environment where a great variety of plant species abound: chestnut trees, Corsican scrubland, and wild strawberry trees will accompany you all the way up to Corte, a town at the heart of Corsica, which was once declared the capital of the Isle of Beauty by Pascal Paoli.
Night in a comfortable hotel.
Walking: 5 hours.
Height gain: 790m.
Your trip ends here, after breakfast. You will be able to return to Calvi, bastia or Ajaccio by train.
You will also have the opportunity to start the western part of the Mare a Mare North in order to complete this wonderful hiking trail.
Every day from the beginning of May to the end of September.
- 4 nights in Gîtes (shared bedroom and bathroom), 1 night in 3-star hotel.
- From 2.
- Easy/medium: you will need to be in good physical condition. Duration: from 3h30 and up to 5 hours. Road surface: well marked paths.
- Luggage transfers by vehicle. You only need to take with you what you wish to have available during the walk (water, picnic lunch, camera etc.).
- Trip without lugagge transfer : -420€
- Accommodation (4 nights in dormitories, 1 night in 3-star hotel), breakfasts from day 2 to day 6, evening meals from day 1 to day 4, luggage transfers, transfer from Bastia to Moriani, information package with maps and route notes on our app (a smartphone is required).
- Beverages, insurance, visits of tourist sites, transfers which are not included in the tour, picnic lunches, transport option from Corte.
Mare a Mare North: Scala di A Santa Regina - Piana
Corsica - Independent walking - 8 days / 7 nights