This trip is designed for you to discover the best of Corsica with the luxury of staying in two beautiful 4* hotels in Corte and Calvi. Corte, the historic capital of the island has many possibilities for hiking in the mountains, whilst Calvi, with its chic port and beautiful coastline offers a completely different experience.
Your day by day program
At your arrival at the Bastia airport, a private vehicle will be waiting for you to take you to the centre of the island. About 1 hour 30 minutes of driving. You will settle at your hotel in Corte, by the Restonica river and its clear waters.
Night in 4**** hotel.
After breakfast, make your way to the citadel of Corte for the start of a stunning day's walk along the Tavignano Gorge. Reach a bridge over the Tavignano, under which you can swim in the beautiful clear waters. Return to Corte with magnificent views down the valley.
About 4 hours
Altitude gain and loss: +450m, -450m
After breakfast, a taxi will pick you up and take you to the shepherd's hut at Grotelle, where you will start your walk. Following an ascent, you will reach a small plateau that marks your arrival at a new shepherd's hut, which in the summer season sells its own cheese. Continue to climb until you reach the Melo lake before continuing on to the lake of Capitello. Return back to the shepherd's hut at Grotelle where Theo will make you try the local charcuterie!
About 4 hours
Altitude gain and loss: +600m, -600m
You can take the train in the morning or enjoy some more time at your hotel in Corte. The choice is yours. The train will cross some fantastic scenery before reaching Calvi, your home for the second half of the holiday. Calvi is a charming small town, with a lively centre. It is said to be the birth place of Christopher Colombus. There is an old citadel and a small port lined with bars and restaurants, plus you can spend some of your time relaxing on the beach and swimming in the sea.
Night in a 4 star hotel.
After breakfast, you will begin your walk from the citadel and the monument to Christopher Colombus. Your walk will take you South along the coast and onto a peninsula. You can enjoy bathing at the various secluded little beaches on the peninsula before reaching the lighthouse called the Revellata. From here you can walk back to Calvi along a track on higher grounds or closer to the shore.
About 3 hours 30 minutes
Altitude gain and loss: +430m, -430m
Today you will leave the coast and take a path into the interior among the Corsican scrub (or maquis) until you reach the Chapel of the Notre Dame de la Serra. From here the view back towards the gulf of Calvi, the citadel and the Revellata is superb. You can either return directly to Calvi from here, or continue on the path that takes you further up the mountainside.
About 2 - 4 hours, depending upon which option you choose.
Altitude gain and loss: +180m, -180m
Optional walk to the mountain peak: Capu di A Veta.
For experienced walkers, we include an optional walk to the local mountain peak, Capu di a Veta.
About 5 hours 10 minutes of walking
Altitude gain and loss: +675m, -665m
After breakfast, you will have a private transfer to the Calvi airport for your flight home. Contact us if you need a transfer to some other places or if you wish to extend your holiday.
From the beginning of April to the end of November.
- Bastia airport day 1
- Calvi airport day 7
- In 4-star hotels based on double or twin room. Hotel with simming pool in Corte and 2 min walk from the sea in Calvi.
- From 2 persons
- It's strongly advised to have a good physical condition and to have a regular practice of walking in the mountains. From 3h00 to 5h00 of hiking per day. Each hike is optional.
- You just need to carry your personal items for the day (camera, picnic, water etc) and your bag on the scenic journey by train between Corte and Calvi.
- Mid June to Mid September departures : 430€
- Single room supplement : 2110€
- Hotel accommodation based upon two people sharing a double or twin room,
- Local assistance 7 days a week,
- Route notes and maps on our app (a smartphone is required)
- Private transfers from Bastia airport to Corte and from Calvi to Calvi airport, for the walk to the lakes and train between Corte and Calvi (very scenic).
- Evening meals, picnics.
- Flights, transfers not included in the program,
- Insurances, drinks
- everything not mentioned on the "included" part